It's that time again.. another Birchbox review and isn't this one pretty? But the October box is about more than just looking good, the theme is feeling good and Birchbox partnered with CoppaFeel! the breast cancer charity. As someone who lost their Mum to cancer this is a partnership I'm 100% behind.
Inside the box Coppafeel! have included a shower sticker that tells you how to check your breasts as well as a card that gives instructions on how to set up text reminders. Early detection gives you the best chance to kick cancer where it hurts so even if you have no interest in the rest of this post remember to check your breasts and underarms for anything that looks or feels a bit different.
Now onto the box and my thoughts..
1. The product to choose for October comes from ModelCo and the choice was between the Megalash Mascara £16 or the Contour Stick. As you can see I chose the mascara, because frankly I'm usless at all things contour. The mascara claims to lift and separate lashes to give a "defined, lengthened and volumised finish". I found the mascara easy to apply, it does separate lashes and it doesn't clump which is nice. I like the way it looks (see photo) and it was easy to remove, as well as not flaking or smudging throughout the day. Overall, I like it and I'll keep on using it. Thumbs up from me!
2. Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash £16. I'm always a fan of natural skincare so the fact that this is 99% natural instantly gives it a big tick from me. It contains spruce not extract to decongest, grapefruit to refresh and frankincense to soothe and rebalance. The smell of this face wash is divine, it really makes you feel like you're pampering yourself. It removed makeup well, although I didn't use it on my eyes because they tend to be quite sensitive, and didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry afterwards. It's another thumbs up, although at £16 I'm not sure I'll be repurchasing when it runs out as it's nothing miraculous.
3. Anatomicals Grab Your Melons Shower Gel £1.50, Birchbox Exclusive. As the box is partnered with Coppafeel! this month it's only right that they give that a nod with one of their products and this Grab Your Melons shower gel is perfect. It smells amazing, it cleanses well, lathers nicely and leaves you feeling soft and smooth afterwards. Partner this with the shower sticker for your breast check and you might even find it fun! I loved this shower gel as it didn't try my skin out and would definitely buy in the future.
4. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow Illuminator £25.50, Birchbox Exclusive. Now this is the disappointment of the box for me. Apparently it controls shine, evens skin tone, hydrates, calms redness and provides a nice glow. It does none of those things. The tint to it is incredibly orange, it doesn't blend at all and it provides zero coverage of anything. It didn't even my skintone, it made me look orange and patchy, it didn't hydrate; it left my skin feeling even drier and there was absolutely no glow. A complete waste of time for me and I won't be keeping it.
5. amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo £20, this is a good dry shampoo! It absorbed oil quickly, kept my hair looking and feeling good throughout the day and didn't make me look as though I'd had a flour fight. I liked it, it did everything I want it to.. but £20? I think I'll stick with Batiste which works just as well.
Overall, the box was a good one. There was only the BB cream that I really didn't like and I'll use everything else even if I won't necessarily rebuy most of it. The Coppafeel! partnership is an important one and I'm really glad Birchbox did it.
Other products that you might receive in the October box are: R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste, Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner, Benefit Poreprofessional Pearl Primer, Biore Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips, Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect, This Works deep sleep pillow spray, NUXE Moisturiser Creme Fraiche de Beaute, Grounded Body Scrub.
Next month they've partnered with Vogue so that should be exciting. Until then let me know your thoughts, did you get different products, or have you tried any of these? Drop me a comment!
Stay safe, x
* I subscribe to Birchbox and pay for it myself, all thoughts, opinions & photos are my own*