Something I wanted to do this year was to try out some different subscription boxes to see what else is out there. This month I gave Pink Parcel a go because they had a discount offer for new subscribers, so here's what I got and what I thought!
The main idea of Pink Parcel is to make sure you have enough pads, tampons, liners to get you through your period. You can choose which products you want included and the date you want them delivered by. I already have a pretty decent stockpile so I don't tend to run out, but this is a great way of making sure you always have what you need!
But there's also the added goodies, and for me they're what make Pink Parcel so special when you look at them in combination with the "feminine hygeine" (such a stupid name) products.
The theme of this month's Pink Parcel is International Women's Day, which was on March 8th, and these are the products I received....
1. Dr Botanticals Moroccan Rose Superfood Facial Oil (RRP £54.90 for 30ml) - This oil is rich in vitamins C & A and almond oil and I adore it. You put a couple of drops onto your face a few times a week (not every day) and it will make your face more hydrated, brighter and help to reduce any signs of ageing. I've used this a couple of times at night and the morning after my skin has a real glow and I love it! I'm not keen on the price though, so I'm not sure I'll be purchasing the full-size when my sample size is empty.
2. Optiat Coffee Scrub (RRP £6.99 for 90G, £9.99 for 220G) - I love scrubs and I love coffee so this is a good mix for me, especially when my skin is particularly dry. You just use this like a normal scrub by rubbing onto damp skin using circular motions before rinsing. There are four scents, and I loved the "mouthwatering mandarin" that I received. I have a healthy supply of body scrubs at the minute, but when I'm looking to buy again I'll definitely consider this scrub from Optiat.
3. Balance Me Hyaluronic Plumping Mist (RRP £16.00 for 30ml) - Hyaluronic acid is a miracle worker in skincare, it gives instant and longlasting hydration that can make a real difference to how your skin looks and feels. This is perfect for just spraying onto your face either as part of your skincare, or to refresh makeup or even after a long flight when you just want to look more awake. I'll happily purchase the bigger size when this runs out because it really does make a difference to my skin's appearance.
4. Jelly Pong Pong The Super Matte - Matte Lipstick (FULL SIZE - RRP £18) - I love this, it's by far my favourite thing in the box and I've worn it so many times since it arrived! It goes on like a dream, it doesn't dry out my lips, it's a gorgeous colour and it stays put for AGES! Even when it fades it still manages to look great. Will I replace it when it runs out? YES ABSOLUTELY!
5. Whittard of Chelsea English Rose Tea (RRP £5 for 25 teabags) - I'll be honest, I didn't drink this. I love my tea, but I'm really particular about what I drink and this just didn't smell right to me. But if you like a fruity tea then this might be something you like. Plus £2 from the sale of a full size caddy goes to The Eve Appeal so it's a good cause too!
6. Puckr Up Lip Plumper (RRP £19.99 for 5ml) - I don't use lip plumpers anyway, because I'm fortunate enough not to need them, but when I did try this it really put me off the idea of them anyway! A bit of tingling I can deal with but this felt like it was burning my lips so I wiped it off pretty quickly. I won't be putting this anywhere near my lips ever again.
7. Ape Snacks Coconut Snacks (RRP from £0.99 for 20g, various flavours) - These were really yummy, it's just a shame that there were only 3 in a packet! High in fibre, 1 of my 5 a day and tasty... where can I buy more?? If I can get my hands on these again I'll definitely be making them a permanent resident of my snack cupboard!
Overall, I loved the March 2018 Pink Parcel... it prepared me perfectly for my period with all of my favourite products, I found a lipstick I adore, some yummy snacks and an amazing facial oil that I'll be trying to make last for as long as possible. My first month was only £9.99, but a normal month is £12.99.
Initially, I thought I'd only be signing up for one month but I've decided to keep my subscription going to see what's in store for next month!
If you receive a Pink Parcel, I'd love to know your thoughts, or if you have any other subscription box recommendations let me know!
Stay safe, x