- You can never have enough eyeshadow and I bought two Technic palettes from Fragrance Direct. Above you can see both the Mega Mattes and the Mega Nudes (which is more shimmery), which only cost £1.12 and £1.35 respectively #bargain. I've mainly used the mattes so far and they are truly gorgeous, they blend really well and have no noticeable fallout!
- Another thing I can never have too much of are face masks and I got my hands on a lot of them in January. From Superdrug I bought a Cucumber Cooling Mask, Chocolate Orange Self-Heating Mask and a Manuka Honey Peel-Off Mask. From Feelunique I decided to stock up on a new favourite, the Manuka Honey Peel-Off Mask from 7th Heaven, with 6 for just £4.25. I also picked up some face masks from Fragrance Direct, finally taking the plunge and trying out something from Anatomicals; I managed to find a few in the sale and chose the Hawaii Glow Tropical Hydrating Mask, the Brighter Skin Strawberry & Yarrow mask, the I Feel The Need Algae mask, the Well Stung Skin Boosting Honey mask and the Lettuce Give Thanks Toning Cucumber mask. I haven't actually got around to trying any of my new masks yet, but as soon as I do you'll know (follow me on instagram for more face mask antics.. link in sidebar).
- While I was at Fragrance Direct I also grabbed a can of So..? Sinful body spray, simply because it was 85p and I loved the smell as a teenager.. turns out I still love it, and a CoverGirl Flamed Out eyeshadow pencil, which I adore, it blends so nicely and goes on smooth so it doesn't drag at your skin.
- From Superdrug I replenished a couple of supplies with the MUA Eye Define Felt Liner, which goes on like a dream and stays put all day, and the MUA Cover & Conceal Wand, which is a great concealer; it blends well but provides good coverage and it's only £1.36!
- I'm a big fan of The Ordinary, they've really smashed the world of low cost but effective skincare and makeup, so I couldn't wait to try out my latest purchases. Their Caffeine Solution was the result of me desperately wanting to get rid of my permanent dark circles, and while they're still there I do think this has reduced their appearance and it definitely depuffs! The High-Spreadability primer is my new favourite thing as it makes my foundation go on so much better.. no more dry patches suddenly appearing and no more creasing. I don't know how I lived without it!
- I also fell in love with a new face mask from Omorovicza, the Midnight Radiance Mask. Now before I tell you how much I adore it, I'll tell you that it's £95 (EEK!) so I definitely won't be purchasing the fullsize, but I won this mini sample online and it's a lovely mask to put on overnight and it definitely means you wake up glowing!
- I picked up a couple of foundations in January as well. The Max Factor Facefinity was reduced on Amazon so I decided to give it a go; I love this foundation, it's my new favourite! It blends like a dream and matches my skintone perfectly. I also bought Maybelline's Dream Satin Foundation (but the one with hydrating serum) after a friend gave me a sample, and I love this one too!
- I ended the month as I started it... in the sales! This time I was browsing through Feelunique and found a few things that I hadn't tried before, as well as stocking up on some essentials. I already mentioned the multipack of face masks that I picked up, and I also restocked my Garnier Micellar water which is a permanent fixture in my bathroom. Before Christmas I tried out a lip balm from Argan+ (that post is here) and their Moroccan Rose collection, so when I saw that their other lip balm was in the sale I knew I had to buy it and I'm so glad I did. The Argan+ Argan Oil Nourishing Lip Balm is a dry lip saviour and rescued my lips from the depths of winter. Sticking with lips I decided to try the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, which feels so nice when you're applying and when it's on but I'm not keen on the colour I picked so I'll probably pass it a long to a friend as I've only tried it once. My final purchase of January was this natural toothpaste from JASON, as I really struggle to find a toothpaste that my mouth doesn't hate. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I love it!
Overall, it was a pretty good month for me. I restocked a couple of things I swear by and found some new products that I love.
Did you pick up anything in January? I'd love to know what you've found so drop me a comment below :)
Stay safe, x